Old,old Remingtons possibly for sale

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
musicman1221

Old,old Remingtons possibly for sale

Post by musicman1221 »

Hey all,
My Dad passed away a few weeks ago and he left behind some stuff for me.I have in my possesion 2 very old Remingtons,they have been in my family for many,many years.I am not a gun guy I am sirry to say,I am a musician.These rifles say Remington Armory 1917 cast into them with a serial number on each.They have been sitting in my parents basement for an unknown number of years.I'm 38 now so they have been in the house I grew up in that long.My father has had them for years before that.Thay are old,need to be cleaned up and I am looking to sell them either here or on Ebay.I will sell them for what they are worth,not a penny more or a penny less,I know they are probably worth a good buck.I dont know if they are worth more to someone cleaned up or as is.I personally think antiques should be left as is,but thats me.Can anyone help me identify them and figure out their value?I will post up some links to pics here,if they dont work for you,let me know and I will email them.My email address is musicman1221@hotmail.com
I wish the pics were a little better but they were hard to take pics of.

Post by Guest »

With all due respect, the condition of those rifles is pretty rough I see a lot of rust. Sadly, there would be little or no collector value in them. They were made by Remington for the Czar's Army during WWI. IIRC, there were some issues regarding payment and consequently many were not shipped.

They're not rare and to a collector, condition is everything. The pattern is called Mosin Nagant and would have been chambered in 7.62x54R Russion a rimmed rifle cartridge. Ebay will not let you sell firearms, only certain parts. Gunbroker would be a better choice.

Here's an example: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=42601903

I think you'll see the difference in conditon. Good luck.