mystified and stumped!

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Shotguns
mwirts2

mystified and stumped!

Post by mwirts2 »

I have what appears to be a Remington N0 9 Side Lever but I need confirmation/help from the members of this society to help me with.
Here is what I have figured out so far;
1. There are 2 levers, one on the left side for cocking and the second is on the top of the receiver for opening/releasing the barrel.
The barrel it self is 36" long and reads on top Remington Arms.
On the top receiver tang there is an inscription of XXXington Arms Co. XXXon, NY USA ( obscured by the brazing repair
The patent marks on the right side of the Reciever reads
Oct 30 1894

Can someone help with some basic background info, or a pic to co off of, and possible parts sources, such as a stock?

I did see one exactly, as far as I can tell on this website in the photo gallery, in the 1888 - 1911 section. It was in the pic that has various reminton firearms stack and there was one single shot shotgun on the left that look like the one I have. I am in the process of getting a pic made up. I will have that tomarrow, my camera went dead and I don't have any batteries.
Huber Jay

Stumped

Post by Huber Jay »

Go to the message board section of the home page. Scale down The Guestbook letters until you come to the message entitled "REMINGTON 1893 NUMBER3 28Ga. by Shotgun Oscar" Read the emails contained therein and you will find the whole story of your gun that I came up with for this inquiry Jay RSA Finding a stock will be difficult. Check parts and repair of this web site
Huber Jay

Stumped

Post by Huber Jay »

That should read "service/parts"