Civil War Remington Pistols

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
gmaque

Civil War Remington Pistols

Post by gmaque »

I am interested in purchasing martially marked Civil War era Remington pistols. Beals Army and Navy, Old Model Army and Navy and New Model Army and Navy. If you have something you're interested is selling please email me. Thanks
peter1947

Re: Civil War Remington Pistols

Post by peter1947 »

hello, i have a 1858 sept,14 stamp, e. remington &sons army new model.
#23098 leftside grip.#23098 on brass trigger guard.#23098 bottom of barrel.
found this pistol on a demolition job.5yrs ago. i started cleaning it with oil and elbow grease march of this year. clyinder is missing. as are the pistol grips.i have the trigger action working. where you can cock it back a qtr. then take the hammer back to firing position. there is a 1 on the frame where you unscrew the trigger guard. i am still trying to identify markings that i see but can't make out. the plunger is dug in i am slowly trying to work tha out. there is other engraving on the barrel. i have been told its a parts gun. i don't believe it, i've got the gun i need a clyinder and pistol grips the other small things are available. some people just look at money , not the history. that pistol has a solid history. if your interested , get back to me . i'll meet you
halfway. peter