Remington over under derringer

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
shadrack

Remington over under derringer

Post by shadrack »

Another of the never ending questions on the Remington over/under .41 Derringers. I have just purchased one of these with the 2 line E.Remington & Sons markings. It has the extractor on the RIGHT side which I've never seen to my recollection. Have I just overlooked this or what? Serial number is 1245 which I am aware may be a batch number. Condition is about 90% with wood grips.
Attachments
Gunbroker 051.jpg
Gunbroker 051.jpg (19.32 KiB) Viewed 1849 times
Last edited by shadrack on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidFagan

Re: Remington over under derringer

Post by DavidFagan »

I've never seen one, that's a keeper.... Must have been made on a Monday ;)
Is a batch number, they went around twice on these.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
shadrack

Post by shadrack »

shadrack wrote:Another of the never ending questions on the Remington over/under .41 Derringers. I have just purchased one of these with the 2 line E.Remington & Sons markings. It has the extractor on the RIGHT side which I've never seen to my recollection. Have I just overlooked this or what? Serial number is 1245 which I am aware may be a batch number. Condition is about 90% with wood grips.
Attachments
Gunbroker 052.jpg
Gunbroker 052.jpg (9.49 KiB) Viewed 1849 times
shadrack

Post by shadrack »

shadrack wrote:Another of the never ending questions on the Remington over/under .41 Derringers. I have just purchased one of these with the 2 line E.Remington & Sons markings. It has the extractor on the RIGHT side which I've never seen to my recollection. Have I just overlooked this or what? Serial number is 1245 which I am aware may be a batch number. Condition is about 90% with wood grips.
Attachments
Gunbroker 053.jpg
Gunbroker 053.jpg (13.56 KiB) Viewed 1848 times