572 smoothbore-choked

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
mopar lou

572 smoothbore-choked

Post by mopar lou »

posted a while back but now it is gone.. Recently purchased (haven't recieved it yet) a 572 that appears to have a Routledge type bore, I have seen 572's marked smoothbore, and Routledge bore,, but this one is marked "model 572 choke bore for 22lr shot cartridges",, it appears to be the routledge type bore, but the seller says it appears to have some constriction (choke) in it also... Has anyone ever ran across one of these,, nobody on rimfirecentral.com has heard of it either??? any it has no serial number so I know it is Pre-68, will check the date code when it arrives.. anyone know appx how many were made??
darkstep

572 choke bore

Post by darkstep »

I don't know anything about the "cb" but i have one. so any help on it would help me as well

Post by Guest »

Mine was made in June of 1965, there are also ones marked Mo-Skeet-O bore, and some were made and sent to Simmons to have vent ribs installed. the remington historian, she told me that the choke bore, and smooth bore designations were used interchangeably, and that what I had was a Routledge bore, regardless of what was stamped on the bbl...which I agree it is the Routledge configuration, smoothbore, down to about 14 inches from the muzzle, then it opens up to about , I forget, about .390-.410 or so, the .410 sounds good because they would have 410 reamers readily available...as to whether it has any "choke" in it , I dont know, I don't have a set of inside calipers..but it sure does a number on woodboring bees in the spring,, I can get them on the fly(hover) now at about 30 feet, where shooting a regular rifled barrel about 10 feet was max, and it wasn't consistent....

Post by Guest »

Darkstep, the reply was from me Mopar Lou, for some reason it wouldn't take my user name

Next step

Post by Guest »

mopar lou wrote: Has anyone ever ran across one of these,, nobody on rimfirecentral.
So whats the next step, remember, take baby steps before you try to walk ;-).