Best book about 1858 New and old models in Civil war use?

Sign the guestbook
Dane

Best book about 1858 New and old models in Civil war use?

Post by Dane »

Hey there :D

Im a new member from Denmark, Europe and Im looking for some good books about these fine arms, however:
Since I cant afford to purchase a load of books to read up on I would prefer to have
the "ultimate" Remington book. We all would I guess, but still it should contain the following :

Primarely revolvers in civil-war use.
List of Serial.nr. with manufacturing dates or years.
Inspectors marks, all those little "H", "D", "C" or "W" thats stamped on the guns.
Military cartouches on the handles and the names of the individuals who where behind the cartouches so to speak.
Transitionel models or odd mixed models that were issued like between the old and new models with mixed parts as far as I have understood this.

Would the Don Ware book be the best buy ? Are there better choices now in the 2008?
I saw one reply by a Dutch guy, in the Pre 1899 forum, who knew where a gun had been issued. Is this for real? :shock: Is there a list, or parts of it, somewhere with serial nr issued to named army divisions? :?:

In short : A few good books that covers this as deeply as possible or even just a single one. But which one?

Greetings,

Dane
Jay Huber
Site Admin

Re: Best book about 1858 New and old models in Civil war use?

Post by Jay Huber »

Dane buy the Don Ware Book. It is full of info from the National Archives. Jay Huber RSA
Dane

Post by Dane »

Hey Jay

Thanks for your reply :D , I will look it up right away. :mrgreen:
Jay Huber
Site Admin

Post by Jay Huber »

You can buy it from the RSA site under BOOKS. Jay