Been absent for awhile but need some help with info on 1911

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
longarm4146

Been absent for awhile but need some help with info on 1911

Post by longarm4146 »

I have a friend with an interesting remington rand 1911 (guessing A1). Don't have it for pics but here goes with description: Parkerized frame and slide, NO.01XX with arched aminspring housing (no lanyard loop) two line markings on left side of slide that is not the full lenght of slide stop(maybe type 3 slide markings). Narrower checkered hammer than on correct 1944 Colt 1911A1 with serrated slide stop and safety. Barrel has P on one side, as does top of slide in front of rear sight and on right side the lug has a C in box stamped on it. Mag with gun marked C-R. It has correct A1 style plastic grips and the finish is close to 98%. no US Property marking and I didn't think Remington made commercially available guns, outside govt contracts. Help please......i'm think this may be a refiniished parts guns that some unethical dealer convinced my friend to buy as a mint condition WW2 gun. Gonna try to get some pics but it seems the finish is just too nice on this gun to be original, and i've yet to find any remington-Rand pistols with that type of serial number, and the US markings gone if it is indeed WW2 era frame and slide and a re-stamped # could explain puzzle. :?:
remroc

Re: Been absent for awhile but need some help with info on 1

Post by remroc »

You don't have to guess- a Remington Rand is a A1-period. This is the typewriter company that made a million (or so) A1s in WWII.
LeaDeR

Re: Been absent for awhile but need some help with info on 1

Post by LeaDeR »

:?