Early Rem 141-No "Gamemaster" stamp on receiver

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
gunguy56

Early Rem 141-No "Gamemaster" stamp on receiver

Post by gunguy56 »

I recently acquired a minty Rem. 141, Serial 39XX, which, I believe, puts the manufactured date at 1936. I know that the early 141's, like mine, did not have the "Gamemaster" stamping on the left side of the receiver. Can anyone tell me when Remington started stamping the 141 with the "Gamemaster" name?
NRA Benefactor Life Member
rem141r

Re: Early Rem 141-No "Gamemaster" stamp on receiver

Post by rem141r »

check out ken blauchs book on them. if memory serves me right it was in the mid 4-digit range. ken will probably comment when he checks in. i assume your gun also has the 22" remington model 14 barrel with the rear site dovetails and the integral front site base? either way it sounds like you have the "transition model". if its in nice shape its a keeper for sure. or if you are really lucky it has the 18.5" carbine barrel. post a pic if you can.

the left side of the barrel back near the receiver has the date code which will tell you the month/year it was assembled. look on this site for the cheatsheet.
rem141

Re: Early Rem 141-No "Gamemaster" stamp on receiver

Post by rem141 »

[/b Gunguy,
In my book I used the approx. number of 4000 for the s/n when the change occured. A closer number would fall between 409x and 427x according to information that has been collected. ken blauch