11-87 Camo Premier

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
tudurgs

11-87 Camo Premier

Post by tudurgs »

Did Remington ever make a camo version of the Premier 11-87. Am looking at a gun and am trying to figure out if the stocks are original. Thanks.
Virginian

Re: 11-87 Camo Premier

Post by Virginian »

Going strictly on recall, I do not believe the guns labelled Premier were offered in camo. When the change to offering synthetic stocks and matte finishes arrived on the scene, camo was right there, but the Premier guns with their deep blue and walnut were replaced with the reborn upscale 1100s.
I am not 100% sure of that, because right about that time I moved to Canada for a stint and had to give up my FFL.
What could have happened... did.
tudurgs

Post by tudurgs »

This gun has replaced stocks. The gun is a used duck gun which had the aftermarket camo plastic stock and forearm added. Gun is high gloss bluing, with simple "Premier" logo. Not like the later guns which have the more elaborate engraving and Premier logo.

My friend got the gun cheap enough that the only ones who will get hurt are the ducks!

Thanks for your help
Virginian

Post by Virginian »

He got one of the good ones. He ought to go on eBay and pick up a nice wood stock set for clays or just general expression of good taste. :D
What could have happened... did.