question about barrel engraving on 1894 trap f grade

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
1894trapgun

question about barrel engraving on 1894 trap f grade

Post by 1894trapgun »

I have just purchased an 1894 trap gun "F" grade. i have read everything available on the website about the engravings, etc. My gun under each barrel is engraved "FEC5" on both barrels. Does anyone know what the C and 5 are for. I know F is the grade, E is ejectors, but have seen nothing about the C or the 5. Also, what year was this produced, Ser #134xxx. I am also interested in a real value of the gun. It has 30" steel barrels, with modified barrels, I believe. Left barrel lug has 310, and right barrel lug has 306 stamped on them. barrels have 90-95% bluing with minor use marks, reciever shows 90% case coloring, stock has 1 small blemish, and light use marks with good color and original butt plate with RA intertwined. Barrels stamped Trap gun F Grade and Remington Arms, ilion New York, etc. Thanks for any info that is available.
1894trapgun
RemRB

1894 FE grade trap

Post by RemRB »

No big deal but next time I would post under pre-1898 shotguns, not pistols. The C and 5 are completely unknown. On other trap guns, and for that matter, any Remington double, these letters and numbers appear haphazardly. So far we can't come up with a logical meaning. By that serial number the gun left the factory in 1907. With those pellet counts of 310 and 306 the barrels are no doubt modified. Refer to the Blue Book of Gun Values for value of your Remington.