Remington 870 "SC" 20 ga-Need Advice!

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
James Gates

Remington 870 "SC" 20 ga-Need Advice!

Post by James Gates »

Friends All.....I have had this gun for many years and need some honest advice as to its approximate value.
Remington 870 20 ga "Skeet Custom" with custom shop Premier checkerd wood. This gun looks new inside and out! It has a factory installed Cutts. Left the factory in 1953/54.
No, I don't have a clue as to what value to ask or what level to trade. You folks should know best! Thank you, James@Dixie Slugs
Dixie Slugs - Old Town, Florida
Home of the Original Terminator Slug, Tusker, and Tri-Ball
Glen Rodgers

Post by Glen Rodgers »

The 870 SC is listed in the Blue Book. Mine is old, 20th edition, and I think the 26th is out now. Mine lists the gun in 100% condition at $395 for all guages. I also have a 20 ga. with the skeet barrel, and I would think the 20's would bring more than the 12's.
James Gates

Post by James Gates »

Hello Glen......The best I have been able to find out concerning this 20 ga SC is it was ordered with Premium wood.......anyway, I was in the industry all my adult life and never have seen as fine of wood that is on the gun.
I also have a 1941 Mod 12 Skeet gun(about 95+%) and a 1946 Mod 12 20 ga field gun (80%). I'm going to take them to the North Florida gun show in the Fall and see what turns up. I don't use them and may turn up a nice double or so.
Thank you for your reply! James@Dixie Slugs
Dixie Slugs - Old Town, Florida
Home of the Original Terminator Slug, Tusker, and Tri-Ball