Anybody working on Remington ammunition lot numbers?

Sign the guestbook
d'Artagnan

Anybody working on Remington ammunition lot numbers?

Post by d'Artagnan »

d'Artagnan, like in The Three Musketeers, here in Maryland. Yesterday I started working on recent (2002-present) Remington handgun ammunition lot numbers to determine their date of manufacture. Previously I equated Speer/CCI lot numbers with their manufacture date (1995 to present). So far I've found that the first 4 places in the Remington handgun ammunition lot number indicate the date of manufacture. First letter equates to the first or last half of a year:
R = first half of 2002
S = last half of 2002
T = first half of 2003
U = last half of 2003
V is skipped for some reason
W = first half of 2004
X = last half of 2004
Y = first half of 2005
Z = last half of 2005
A = first half of 2006
B = last half of 2006
C = first half of 2007
D = last half of 2007
E = first half of 2008
The next two digits are the day of the month, 01-31. The letter after the digits is the month, but I haven't equated much there yet. The Remington Society's page showing how barrel manufacture month/year dates are determined hints at how the months are generated in the lot numbers. So, is anybody else out there working on Remington ammunition lot numbers to determine manufacture dates?
remington600

Re: Anybody working on Remington ammunition lot numbers?

Post by remington600 »

I know if you go back in the forum history there was a guy working on them. I believe his interest was mainly .22 boxes though. If you work on early Remington ammo I would love to see what you come up with. I also could prvide any help if needed. Billy Smith