remington derringer want to know info

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
andrew

remington derringer want to know info

Post by andrew »

l have a 41 caliber rimfire double barrel pistol derringer nickle with ivory or bone handle grips it has the description on the top of barrel E REMINGTON & SONS ILION. NY
ELLIOT PATENT DEC 12 1865
2lines
EJECTOR ON LEFT AND CHAMBER RELEASE ON RIGHT CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW MANY WERE MADE OF THIS TYPE AND WHAT IT WOULD BE WORTH
THE GUN IS 85% GOOD CONDITION WITH EVERYTHING STILL WORKING CONDITION
DavidFagan

Re: remington derringer want to know info

Post by DavidFagan »

andrew wrote:l have a 41 caliber rimfire double barrel pistol derringer nickle with ivory or bone handle grips it has the description on the top of barrel E REMINGTON & SONS ILION. NY
ELLIOT PATENT DEC 12 1865
2lines
EJECTOR ON LEFT AND CHAMBER RELEASE ON RIGHT CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW MANY WERE MADE OF THIS TYPE AND WHAT IT WOULD BE WORTH
THE GUN IS 85% GOOD CONDITION WITH EVERYTHING STILL WORKING CONDITION
This is a Type I Second Model, it is estimated that approximately 18,000 were made. It is also believed that there were two batch runs with numbers from 1-9999 therefore they cannot be considered a serial no. They value of this item is best estimated by looking for like model and condition items on such places as gunbroker or gunsamerica as with everything else the market on the value is constantly changing. One should also understand that there is a significant value difference for ORIGINAL finish and grips. I have never seen original bone nor personally believe they exist but I won't say they don't exist. As with the finish it quite difficult to determine it they are original without gun in hand. Often a photo can determine NOT original but no so much the other way.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer