30 Remington Express-B&M Sporter

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
quillgordo

30 Remington Express-B&M Sporter

Post by quillgordo »

I purchased a 30 Remington Express over the weekend. It has a checkered Walnut Stock and (if I remember correctly) a 22 inch barrel. The caliber is 30-06. The floorplate is inscribed with "B&M Sporter. It also has a custom ghost sight that is stamped B&M. The ghost site rides on a narrow base like a scope base. There is one both fore and aft of the magazine, which I was told allows you to place the ghost ring in either position.
My research tells me that this was sporterized by Belding and Mull of Philipsburg, PA. Can anyone confirm this and tell me anything about this set-up and if additional parts ie: ghost rings are available? Also an opinion of value would be appreciated. The gun is in a solid 90% condition with both the stock and bluing. Thanks
gunscrounger

Post by gunscrounger »

Can you post pics? There is another member that has collection info on Rem 30s as historical info is scarce.
There are B&M brochures floating around that list their modifications and services for the Rem 30. I've got one somewhere around but don't know if it would have any pertinent info about your application. I'll look for it.
The ramp type sight you describe sounds like the first generation sight Rem used.

Here's a pic that seems to have the same sight.

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/phpBB2/ ... minton+30s

You might want to move this to the Post 1898 Rifle thread?? Not sure. Seems like rifles here where there shoud be pistols.