Found a Mohawk Shotgun? any info?

jakeC

Found a Mohawk Shotgun? any info?

Post by jakeC »

My friend and i recently found a Mohawk Gun Co. Pump Shotgun buried out in the woods while playing airsoft. Actually i tripped over the tip of the barrel, which was sticking out of the ground. After we dug it up we cleaned the dirt off and cleaned the dirt out of the barrel. The gun is a bit rusty but it still pumps, and dry fires. It has all of its parts minus part of a side plate and bottom plate on the receiver. All of the internal parts were actually not rusted and we cleaned them off with some gun cleaning solution. We dissasembled the gun and were able to put it back together. I can just make out a serial code on the side of the receiver so far i can see the code in this order: T_ _ WX_ _ D. (The _ indicate a space where i cant make out the symbols on the side.) The shotgun has Mohawk gun Co. engraved on the side and all of its parts match with the corrisponding number of 137 stamped on the barrel, spring, firing pin, wood stock, plug, choke, and receiver as well as #137 on the internal parts. It has a safety catch that just blocks the trigger from being fully depressed. Also you have to engage the firing pin in order to fire it. Can anyone tell me what we found, how many were made and maybe what it is worth now? It lookes similar to this shotgun. I found this picture on google to use as a comparison. Ours is not in as good shape as this shotgun pictured.
jakeC

Re: Found a Mohawk Shotgun? any info?

Post by jakeC »

My friend is taking some pictures of the shotgun and i will upload them withen the next few days.