REMINGTON NYLON .22 COLLECTOR INFORMATION

Wanted to Buy Post - 1898 Remington Firearms
PALADIN85020

REMINGTON NYLON .22 COLLECTOR INFORMATION

Post by PALADIN85020 »

I have been compiling info on the Remington Nylons for a number of years. I thought you might be interested in this summarized data. The first sheet covers identification and production numbers, the second, relative values. Bear in mind that although these sheets are copyrighted by me, you are welcome to copy them for your own personal use. Hope they will be of interest for you.

John

berns

Re: REMINGTON NYLON .22 COLLECTOR INFORMATION

Post by berns »

John
I do not understand how to use the table to calculate values.
Can you give an example?
Thanks berns
PALADIN85020

Post by PALADIN85020 »

berns wrote:John
I do not understand how to use the table to calculate values.
Can you give an example?
Thanks berns
Sure. To figure the price of, for example, a Nylon 66 Seneca Green in excellent condition: First, determine the local going price of a Nylon 66 Mohawk Brown, the most common model, in excellent condition. Let's say for ease of calculating, that's $200.00 in your neck of the woods. Then use the index number (price multiplier) for the Seneca Green model in excellent condition (1.50) and multiply that times the base price of the MB model. That would result in a price of $300.00. In effect, what you are given is a multiplication factor for the rarer models based on the price of the most common model. That price will be fluid, which is why I haven't assigned any specific dollar value. Hope this clarifies things.
n6ffu

Post by n6ffu »

Hello John,

Name here is Bob. A quick question - any idea what a NIB, still wrapped in oil paper Nylon 66 MB would be worth? Still have the original pamphlet attached to the trigger guard and the Styrofoam is all intact. The outer packaging sleeve is probably 98% mint.

Thanks in advance for any info you might have.
PALADIN85020

Post by PALADIN85020 »

n6ffu wrote:Hello John,

Name here is Bob. A quick question - any idea what a NIB, still wrapped in oil paper Nylon 66 MB would be worth? Still have the original pamphlet attached to the trigger guard and the Styrofoam is all intact. The outer packaging sleeve is probably 98% mint.

Thanks in advance for any info you might have.
Hi, Bob -

All I can tell you is that I believe a NIB Nylon 66 will be worth approximately 50% more than an excellent condition gun without the box. I have no idea what N66s are worth in your area; here Arizona I see them going for in the $200-250 range, making a NIB worth about $300-375 or so. Values on the Nylons are escalating, and may be worth more or less depending on the area of the country you are in. Internet sales as recorded on Gunbroker, Auction Arms, etc., can also be a worthwhile guide. All of these factors are why I did not assign specific values in my chart; anything I put down would be obsolete in a few months. Relative values, on the other hand, should be fairly constant. I hope this helps.

John
mkvcolt1911

Post by mkvcolt1911 »

Does anyone know how to put the Apache 77 extractor back in?? I broke it down using youtube nylon 66 video. I put it all back together and the extractor will not go in for the life of me. I've tried firing it, on safe, off safe, etc.etc.
ChuckD

Post by ChuckD »

mkvcolt1911,

Post your question, or review the forums, over at the Nylon collector site.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/forums/

ChuckD
cccook

Post by cccook »

SIR, DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON THE GOVERNORS GUN I'VE POSTED INQUIREY ABOUT ON HERE? IF SO, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. THANKS