Roy Marcot?

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
marlinman93

Roy Marcot?

Post by marlinman93 »

I understand that Roy Marcot is gathering data for Remington Rolling Blocks? Does anyone know how to contact Mr. Marcot?
Thanks!
DavidFagan

Re: Roy Marcot?

Post by DavidFagan »

marlinman93 wrote:I understand that Roy Marcot is gathering data for Remington Rolling Blocks? Does anyone know how to contact Mr. Marcot?
Thanks!
I forwared you contact information to him...
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer
marlinman93

Post by marlinman93 »

Thank you! I have some Rem. single shots that I think may be helpful in his research.
Roy Marcot

Book on Remington Rolling Block Rifles, Carbines & Shotg

Post by Roy Marcot »

This is an update on the book Jay Lewis and I have been researching since 1985...

Many of you have wondered about the progress made on this book... especially since it has taken more than twenty years to research. Here is where it stands...

We decided to publish three volumes on this subject:
Volume I - Rolling Block Development; U.S. Military Rifles & Carbines

Volume II - Foreign Rolling Blocks

Volume III - Sporting and Target Rolling Blocks, including the No.1 Sporting & Target Rifles, No.1 1/2 Sporting Rifles, No.2 Sporting Rifles, No. 4 Sporting Rifles, No.5 High-Power Sporting Rifles, No.6 "Falling Block" Rifles, and No.7 Target & Sporting Rifles.

Volume III was determined to be the volume we could complete first, so most of our effort has been in completing the research and color digital photography of these sporting and target arms. Presently the research is 98% completed... and the photography about 95% done. We still need to visit David Squires collection, and would like to hear from others who might have one or more guns that should be pictured in the book.

I can be contacted at roymarcot@msn.com

As to "when?" I am completing work on a book co-authored with John Gyde on Remington .22 Rimfire Rifles, which should go to the printer in early October. Thereafter, Jay Lewis and I will give our full attention to completing Volume III. Estimated completion by October 2007.
Roy Marcot

Re: Roy Marcot?

Post by Roy Marcot »

Dear Marlinman,

I have been studying rolling blocks since 1985, and have completed the first volume of three, entitled: Remington Rolling Block Sporting & Target Rifles. It is presently at the printer, and expected deliveries in late April. For ordering information, see the home page of the RSA website: www.RemingtonSociety.com

You can contact me directly at roymarcot@msn.com , if you wish.

Roy Marcot
Remington Historian