Model 10

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
GunCollector76

Model 10

Post by GunCollector76 »

I have been trying to get some info on what appears to be a Remington model 10 riot gun I have acquired from my grandfather. I call it a riot gun because it is the size of the WWI trench guns and they are the only ones I have found pics of with this short of a barrel

According to the Remington.com model info the Model 10 the serial number block was from 001 – 275,600 and should be preceded by the letter U. Mine is clearly marked as a Model 10 but doesn't have a U and its serial number, or what I believe to be its serial number, is 277,*** and is above the serial number block reported by the company.

I believe this gun was actually owned by a local bank in my hometown before my grandfather acquired it. Any info would be appreciated, especially info on how to determine the grade. I am not much of a gun person but I am willing to learn.
Jay Huber
Site Admin

Post by Jay Huber »

I have a serial number list from the factory that has model 10's being produced in August 1928 starting with serial number 277,000 ending in December 28 with 277990. I am not sure that the U was always used. How long is the barrel? What are the markings on the barrel? Look at MANUFACTURE DATES on the home page of this site. Regards Jay Huber RSA