.41 Cal

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
Golferboy15

.41 Cal

Post by Golferboy15 »

I am trying to find out information about I gun I own and was told to come here and see what could be found out. It is a .41 Cal Rim fire double barrel Derringers and it swings barrel up. It is ser # 1004 and has Remington arms-U.M.C. Company Illion, N.Y. on the barrel. Wondering the year it was made and about how much it is worth. Tried to put it in the Remington museum but I was told there is no longer one.
DavidFagan

Re: .41 Cal

Post by DavidFagan »

Golferboy15 wrote:I am trying to find out information about I gun I own and was told to come here and see what could be found out. It is a .41 Cal Rim fire double barrel Derringers and it swings barrel up. It is ser # 1004 and has Remington arms-U.M.C. Company Illion, N.Y. on the barrel. Wondering the year it was made and about how much it is worth. Tried to put it in the Remington museum but I was told there is no longer one.
With that no prefix early serial no it was probably made in 1912, production records list 3,907 for the first year of 4th models. The majority of UMC's are blue which gives a nickel a boost but value is dependent on condition, condition, and condition...

Best Regards...
David.
David J. Fagan
The Silicon Sorcerer