Selling a Remington 1100 (1971)

Sign the guestbook
namvet

Selling a Remington 1100 (1971)

Post by namvet »

I'm shocked at how difficult it is to sell a vintage Remington 110012 ga. purchased in 1971. Only used 2 seasons and stored. Original walnut stock, fixed full chock, field gun, ribbed barrel, 95% bluing and finish. What's the deal?
Wulfman

Re: Selling a Remington 1100 (1971)

Post by Wulfman »

namvet wrote:I'm shocked at how difficult it is to sell a vintage Remington 110012 ga. purchased in 1971. Only used 2 seasons and stored. Original walnut stock, fixed full chock, field gun, ribbed barrel, 95% bluing and finish. What's the deal?
I suppose it depends on how you're going about it and what your expectations are.
I found your first post.......

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/forums/ ... =22&t=5211
namvet wrote:I have a very clean Remington 1100 12ga, fixed full choke, ribbed, mahogony stock, 95% bluing and finish remaining. Got for gift in 1971 and only shot 2 seasons. Serial Number is L787123V.

Want to know value and would also like to sell.
Which was in the "GENERAL COMMENTS OR DISCUSSION" section of the forum.
Technically, if you were intending to offer it for sale here, it should have been listed in the section titled "IFS / Post - 1898" in the "ITEMS FOR SALE" section. Usually, people posting something for sale have an asking price associated with it, too. Your first post was only a couple of days ago.

One of the problems is that values are generally not given on items on the forum because they're not available to be seen up close and handled. Even pictures won't guarantee that a firearm will actually function/shoot or that someone hasn't messed up something in the firearm when attempting some modification or fix. Don't take that personally, I'm just stating what's been posted here many, many times before.

If you're also having problems selling it locally, maybe you need to check out some local gun shops for similar types of guns or have someone (locally) give you an appraisal of it.

From a personal standpoint, I've always been one who reloads almost all of the ammunition I've ever shot and have never been fond of picking up empty cases after a semi-automatic has flung them several feet away or in a pile of snow. Consequently, I have no semi-auto shotguns.....only pumps and double barrels. Also, bird hunting out here in NW Wyoming isn't very abundant and definitely not what it used to be when the gas prices were much lower.
However, there may be others who have different points of view and may be interested in it if the price is right. Good luck.

Den