Remington 308 Lever action

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
pinkerpv

Remington 308 Lever action

Post by pinkerpv »

I was looking at some guns in a gun shop in Alabama yesterday and found a Remington Lever action 308 caliber with a 4 rnd detachable magazine. I have been trying to find out some info on Remington Lever actions but can't seem to find any. In fact, what I have found is that Remington hasn't ever made a lever action although in late 1800s they once started to set up tooling but stopped. The guy that designed the R... lever gun went over to Marlin and the rest is history. Don't know if all this is true, but I do know I held in my hands a Lever action detachable magazine fed 308 caliber rifle with Remington and 308 inscribed on the bbl. Just don't remember the model no. Can anybody help me out with this or was I dreaming.

OK, I was dreaming or at least I must have had my eyes closed part of the time. I looked on the Browning website and found the rifle. I is a Browning BLR sometimes called a model 81. Egg on face.
michael66

Re: Remington 308 Lever action

Post by michael66 »

You weren't dreaming. I bought a Remington 308 caliber lever action rifle with 4 round detachable magazine yesterday and its a beaut!
John Gyde

Post by John Gyde »

[quote="michael66"]You weren't dreaming. I bought a Remington 308 caliber lever action rifle with 4 round detachable magazine yesterday and its a beaut![/quote]
And.... What was the Model name or number of your Rem .308 lever?????
600RemGuy

Post by 600RemGuy »

.........(sound of crickets chirping)..........
John Gyde

Post by John Gyde »

........And little birdies peeping in their nest............ It sure got quiet on this thread. I want one of those Rem 308 lever guns. I just can't seem to find one.