105 CTi

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
tudurgs

105 CTi

Post by tudurgs »

The 105 CTi seems to have had a hard time getting off the ground. Apparently, they are back in production now. I heard something about the newer guns having some improvments made to them. Anyone have any insight into this? Am contemplating getting something for my Left-handed grandsons
Virginian

Re: 105 CTi

Post by Virginian »

The CTi II is out now. Several people have said they like them and have had no issues, but the Remington haters are still running them down for all they are worth.
What could have happened... did.
ddsflyer

Post by ddsflyer »

I shot one of the earliest CTI models at the Raahauges Shooting Show several years ago with the Remington rep handing me the shells. I had 5 jams out of 15 shells. Not an enviable performance. Compared to my 11-87 (the AK-47 of shotguns) which has never jammed regardless of load or weather in 12 years, it compares very poorly. I'm also not sure I trust a part plastic receiver.
RufusG

Post by RufusG »

I saw a post today on Shotgunworld saying the 105 has officially been discontinued and taken off the Remington website. Distributors are blowing them out in the $800 range or cheaper.
lightning2923

Post by lightning2923 »

HEY! I have one of the original 11-87 SPS which was a stainless gun with black parkerizing. I now have to shoot off my left sholder because of eye problems and my left eye is now my dominent. I got a left hand safety made by Bob's Guns so i can still use this gun. I have killed turkey, quail, dove, chuckar and phesant and never had a problem. Never paied any attention to the ejecting shell just watching the bird. it's an easy replacement anybody can do with a little 200 grit sand paper.
Tommy
mikem2

Post by mikem2 »

I have 105 CTi II - goes through shells just fine, will not cycle X-lite loads, you need to use a field load or a heavy target load. Busted a lot of doves and pheasants with mine, 26" barrel is a bit short for clays games with it. Great to carry, light weight, excellent trigger and drops empties at your feet.

For $800 at CTi II is a deal.