Need Rough Value on this - Wife has Cancer

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
halfhot

Need Rough Value on this - Wife has Cancer

Post by halfhot »

Top of barrel: Patented Sept. 14 1858, March 17 1863 E Remington & Sons Ilion Newyork USA New Model
Underside of Barrel: 14912 Behind Trigger Guard: L.D.N That's all I can see.I've attached some "not great" low res. photos.
Taken from a phone. It's 5 shot. Total length 9.5 inches. Pearl handle I think.I wouldn't think it was military issue because of all the engraving. The engraving is detailed from end to end. You can't see all that well in the attached shots. I'm looking for a "ballpark" value. It may come to the point where I will get serious about selling but I don't know yet. I live in a remote area and, outside of this site, that's the extent of "expert" opinion I can get.
Attachments
IMG00078.jpg
IMG00078.jpg (54.91 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
IMG00080.jpg
IMG00080.jpg (57.38 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
IMG00075.jpg
IMG00075.jpg (55.89 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
Jay Huber
Site Admin

Re: Need Rough Value on this - Wife has Cancer

Post by Jay Huber »

I am sorry but we don't evaluate guns since we can't handle them. our best to your wife and her cancer,. Jay Huber RSA
halfhot

Post by halfhot »

Thank You for the reply. I understand why any kind of accuracy is unobtainable given the lack
of the physical presence of the gun. Is there anything that you can tell me?
1) The caliber.
2) Since I assume the numbers are the serial number, what do the letters mean?
3) If the serial number is in the 14000's, is that from the total made, engraved or not, or is that
from the total of engraved guns?

Can you point me to a website where these things are sold so I can look at anything that comes along
that is comparable?

Thanks
Jay Huber
Site Admin

Post by Jay Huber »

It is what we call a police model 38 Rim Fire. I do not have production serial numbers for these guns. The BLUE BOOK of GUN Values will give you an idea of what it is worth not engraved. You should be able to find an issue at a local gun dealer. I do not know what the letters mean, perhaps the initials of the original owner. Jay Huber