Model 25 breech block

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
King Shark

Model 25 breech block

Post by King Shark »

Hello, I recently inherited a Remington Model 25. I took it apart to clean it and the breech block came out. I don't have any idea how to put it back in place. Can you guys help me out?
Attachments
20180416_070312.jpg
20180416_070312.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 1611 times
Wulfman

Re: Model 25 breech block

Post by Wulfman »

You can download the manual from this link:

https://www.remington.com/support/obsol ... rs-manuals

But, I've never taken my 25 apart and am not about to. It's always worked just fine, so I'm not going to press my luck. There are any number of products to clean/degrease firearms without disassembling them.

But, I can sort of relate to your situation. Last Fall, I bought a fishing reel (spinning) and on inspecting it, I THOUGHT I saw a hairline crack in the bail arm. I took out one screw to inspect it to see if the "crack" went through the arm........WHOOPS! I had springs and rods popping out and no good idea how to get it back together. Fortunately, I had bought a duplicate reel and managed to "peek" into the assembly without removing the same retaining screw. That was a big help and I managed to figure it out that way. Turned out it wasn't cracked and I learned my lesson about taking fishing reels apart.

Good luck!

Den

King Shark

Re: Model 25 breech block

Post by King Shark »

Yea. This thing is 80 years old and hasn't been cleaned in who knows how long. I didn't so much take it apart but removed that one screw and the breech block slipped out. I did find someone at the gun show that said they'd be able to fix it.