My 1900 with straight grip stock

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
EQ Guy

My 1900 with straight grip stock

Post by EQ Guy »

I have posted this on another forum and it has been suggested I post it over here. I purchased this shotgun at a local gun show several years ago and it is the only model 1900 I have ever seen with a straight grip stock. Have anyone on this site seen another one with a straight grip stock. The big question is this factory work? The stock retains the poorly repaired original butt plate with the "widows peak". The barrels have a concave rib on them

dieNusse1

Re: My 1900 with straight grip stock

Post by dieNusse1 »

It would appear that the stock is original to the gun as the trigger guard tang is typical of Remington's English style. Also, the stock, trigger guard and forearm bear the same S/N.

My best guess is that it was a special order. I'm not aware of another 1900 with a factory supplied English stock.

BTW - it left Ilion in 1907.
EQ Guy

Re: My 1900 with straight grip stock

Post by EQ Guy »

dieNusse1
Thank you for that reply. I have always thought this shotgun was original factory work. It is too bad it is in such rough shape. If anyone out there has anything to add to this I am all ears. I would really like to hear from anyone out there that has seen another 1900 with an original straight grip stock.