KED-Grade with C.E. De Long Single Trigger

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Researcher

KED-Grade with C.E. De Long Single Trigger

Post by Researcher »

Does Mr. Deem, who has taken up the baton of writing about Remington Hammerless Doubles in The Double Gun Journal post here? I have a tiny nit to pick about his recent article on the 16-gauge KED-Grade with the DeLong single trigger. At the top of page 51 he eludes to the gun being targeted with 1 1/8 ounces of shot. In all of our ammunition company catalogs I've reviewed from the years the Remington Hammerless Doubles were produced, show 16-gauge shells only being offered with 7/8 or 1 ounce of shot. I don't know of 1 1/8 ounce 16-gauge loads being offered until the introduction of Western Cartridge Co.'s 16-gauge Super-X load circa 1923. I am eagerly looking for a hang-tag from a 16-gauge (and a 10-gauge) Remington Hammerless Double to see what load they were targeted with.

Dave Noreen
dieNusse1

Re: KED-Grade with C.E. De Long Single Trigger

Post by dieNusse1 »

Don't have any input concerning Remington 16 or 10 Ga. patterning loads but I have a hang tag for a 32" 10 Ga Ithaca SxS (S/N 3771). It is as follows: 1 1/4 oz #8, 4 dr FG, fired at a 24" circle from 35 Yds.

Can't make out grade but looks like CV. Anyone out there know about Ithaca grading system?