remington model 11 mystery

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
rosssalupo

remington model 11 mystery

Post by rosssalupo »

I recently bought a remington model 11 20 guage shotgun with 26 inch plain barrel it has a very unusual feature.A magazine cut off lever that works identical to several auto 5 I own.I also own several other model 11 and a savage version and none of them have the magazine cut-off other then my recently purchased 20 guage model 11.It does not have the autoload feature of my later auto 5 from the 60s but is identical to a sweet 16 that my grandfather left me in reguards to magazine disconnect.As far as I know this gun should not exist but it is standing in the corner next to me and it is not marked browning made by remington durring the war it is marked remington arms company.Any information would be greatly appreciated as to value not that I will ever sell it or lineage would be very helpful thanks in advance to any gun gurus who can help me with this mystery.
Wulfman

Re: remington model 11 mystery

Post by Wulfman »

rosssalupo wrote:I recently bought a remington model 11 20 guage shotgun with 26 inch plain barrel it has a very unusual feature.A magazine cut off lever that works identical to several auto 5 I own.I also own several other model 11 and a savage version and none of them have the magazine cut-off other then my recently purchased 20 guage model 11.It does not have the autoload feature of my later auto 5 from the 60s but is identical to a sweet 16 that my grandfather left me in reguards to magazine disconnect.As far as I know this gun should not exist but it is standing in the corner next to me and it is not marked browning made by remington durring the war it is marked remington arms company.Any information would be greatly appreciated as to value not that I will ever sell it or lineage would be very helpful thanks in advance to any gun gurus who can help me with this mystery.
Maybe the answer is in this link to a forum search.

search.php?keywords=Browning++magazine+ ... mit=Search

And, "appraisal values" aren't attempted on the forum for obvious reasons.

Den