1100 12 gauge drop at comb

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
JrpII062

1100 12 gauge drop at comb

Post by JrpII062 »

Hey, I have a lightly used circa 1965 1100 12 gauge trap model with a drop at comb of 1 3/8 inch. I am mashing my cheek onto the stock to get a comfortable sight and getting kicked in the process. it has been suggested that mine might be a Monte Carlo stock. My research indicates the drop should be 1.5 to 1.75 inches. Is it time to replace the stock to better fit the gun? Guidance would be appreciated.
Virginian

Re: 1100 12 gauge drop at comb

Post by Virginian »

Trap stocks have less DAC than field and/or Skeet and/or Sporting stocks. Standard field/Skeet DAC was 1-1/2", trap was 1-3/8" DAC, and Monte Carlo Trap was 1-1/4" DAC. Trap stocks are designed to shoot high and you will indeed be mashing like crazy if you are trying to get it to shoot flat. All the buttstocks will interchange. Used stocks are available on ebay and several other places. There are also stocks and kits available to allow you to get an adjustable comb.
Many other newer designs tout the adjustability of their stocks, but the reality is they pivot at the receiver juncture, and the stock shape is fixed, and if you go for more DAC you are going to also get more drop at heel whether you want that or not.
What could have happened... did.