Just Pcked up a 1949 Model 31 Skeet gun 12 gauge with Cutts

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Shotguns
300 Savage

Just Pcked up a 1949 Model 31 Skeet gun 12 gauge with Cutts

Post by 300 Savage »

Happy New Year, won a Remington 31 Skeet gun with a Cutts Compensator. The gun was made in June of 1949 and has an aluminum trigger housing with matching serial number to to receiver which is steel. The gun has a vent rib and the orginal hard plastic butt plate. Nice shape, so far to date my best score has been a 24 in skeet with 7/8 oz reloads. Need to hone my pumping and shooting skills. Been using an over and under for the last 20 years. If someone wants to help be post some photos I can share some. I really like the gun, very easy to take apart and clean and oil. The action was kind of stiff, so I did a complete disassembly and cleaned and oiled. Smooth as a ball bearing action should be.
tudurgs

Re: Just Pcked up a 1949 Model 31 Skeet gun 12 gauge with Cu

Post by tudurgs »

"East to take apart". Boy, you're handier than I am. Every year, after duck season I break down my matt rim gun that used to be my Dad's. Always have to get out direction for removing the bolt.
300 Savage

Re: Just Pcked up a 1949 Model 31 Skeet gun 12 gauge with Cu

Post by 300 Savage »

Once you get out the Left and Right Shell Stops, the Slide and the Lifter, turn the Receiver over, top side up and shake it, the bolt should get stuck in an easy removable position. I have had to field strip my 16 gauge pheasant hunting 31 on my hunting coat to get out a bunch of weed tassels that got stuck and wedge into the receiver. I have taken my apart many times, it gets easier with each take down. Good Luck