Remmington Shotgun, what is it?

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Shotguns
Rem 342

Remmington Shotgun, what is it?

Post by Rem 342 »

I picked this up a few years ago, SN 127,6XX Patent date on it is Oct 30, 94. Im interested in finding out what it is and where to get a set of barrels and stock. Ive tried Numrich and Jack first with no luck. What can you tell me?

RemRB

Re: Remmington Shotgun, what is it?

Post by RemRB »

You have a Remington Model 1894. From the serial number, the gun left the factory in 1903. From you photo of the forend, the gun has automatic ejectors. It is a grade AE.
What kind of barrels, steel or Damascus? And what gauge is it? Obviously the stock has been sanded and a recoil pad added.
RemRB

Post by RemRB »

Sorry, I didn't check your request thoroughly. You do not have the barrels. Finding a stock and barrels that will fit are almost impossible. There are a couple collectors out there that hopefully will read your message, one of them may be able to help.
JPT262

Post by JPT262 »

I have a complete 1894 for sale, it does have a few issues, it is on Gunbroker.com user name jpt262. Doubt that you would want to spend what I have on it but if you watch it may become reasonable. Thanks.

John
jimirwin

Post by jimirwin »

If you decide to sell it for parts, please contact me.

I'm particularly interested if the ejector mechanisms in the fore-end are intact and functioning normally.

Jim I