Double Barrel 10 Ga. Damascus barrel

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Shotguns
D5DOZER

Double Barrel 10 Ga. Damascus barrel

Post by D5DOZER »

I have a hammerless Remington 10 Ga. double barrel with damascus barrels. The patent date is located on the forearm and is October 30 1894. The serial # is P138019 it is located on the metal behind the trigger guard. It says Remington Arms Co. on both sides of the gun in front of the trigger. I was wondering what a gun like this is valued at? The gun is in 95% grade. And any other information that anyone has would be appreciated.

Re: Double Barrel 10 Ga. Damascus barrel

Post by Guest »

D5DOZER wrote:I have a hammerless Remington 10 Ga. double barrel with damascus barrels. The patent date is located on the forearm and is October 30 1894. The serial # is P138019 it is located on the metal behind the trigger guard. It says Remington Arms Co. on both sides of the gun in front of the trigger. I was wondering what a gun like this is valued at? The gun is in 95% grade. And any other information that anyone has would be appreciated.
Your Gun is an 1894 model made in the last year of prduction, 1910 The 10ga. is rather scarce and commands a slight premium. The Blue Book Of Gun Values rates it at around $1200 , A grade with auto ejectors. A grade is no engraving. If it has extractors insted of auto ejectors deduct 20% from the value.. These are figures for a 95% gun.

Jay Huber RSA jayren@aol.com

Re: Double Barrel 10 Ga. Damascus barrel

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
D5DOZER wrote:I have a hammerless Remington 10 Ga. double barrel with damascus barrels. The patent date is located on the forearm and is October 30 1894. The serial # is P138019 it is located on the metal behind the trigger guard. It says Remington Arms Co. on both sides of the gun in front of the trigger. I was wondering what a gun like this is valued at? The gun is in 95% grade. And any other information that anyone has would be appreciated.
Your Gun is an 1894 model made in the last year of prduction, 1910 The 10ga. is rather scarce and commands a slight premium. The Blue Book Of Gun Values rates it at around $1200 , A grade with auto ejectors. A grade is no engraving. If it has extractors instead of auto ejectors deduct 20% from the value.. These are figures for a 95% gun.

Jay Huber RSA jayren@aol.com