Model 11 skeet gun

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Shotguns
thompson21

Model 11 skeet gun

Post by thompson21 »

When my father passed away some years ago I came into possession of several of his firearms including two very nice old Remingtons.
The model 11 shotgun does not have the dating code on the barrel instead it has 415098 on the left side of the receiver. It is also extensively engraved on both the stock, receiver and lower part of barrel. It has a skeet choke. Also the receiver appears to be case hardened instead of blued. Can anyone point me in the right direction to help identify this Shotgun?

Thank You
admin
Site Admin

Re: Model 11 skeet gun

Post by admin »

thompson21 wrote:When my father passed away some years ago I came into possession of several of his firearms including two very nice old Remingtons.
The model 11 shotgun does not have the dating code on the barrel instead it has 415098 on the left side of the receiver. It is also extensively engraved on both the stock, receiver and lower part of barrel. It has a skeet choke. Also the receiver appears to be case hardened instead of blued. Can anyone point me in the right direction to help identify this Shotgun?

Thank You
This right direction starts with posting some pictures...

415098 is a later production gun (late 30's?), it should have date codes.
thompson21

Post by thompson21 »

Excellent Idea about the photographs, once I'm back in the same state as the firearm I'll do just that.

Thank You again
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

One could order a SKEET choked barrel for a Model 11 from the mid-1930s onward, but the Model 11 was never catalogued by Remington Arms Co., Inc. as a "Skeet Gun." The three-shot version, "The Sportsman" was offered as a Skeet Gun --