Remington 700 Titanium(1st Model)

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
350magman

Remington 700 Titanium(1st Model)

Post by 350magman »

I just picked up a Remington 700 Titanium in .30-06 in like-new condition. My research indicates this model was only offered for about five years, 2001-2006. Mine has a distinct four-digit serial number, with the prefix of TT. Were these rifles turned out by the Custom Shop? Any idea how many were made? This is the 1st Model Titanium, not the later, heavier issue Alaskan Ti. Weight is only about 5 pounds, unscoped.
Wulfman

Re: Remington 700 Titanium(1st Model)

Post by Wulfman »

According to the Remington history page of the 700, it's still being made. I have a 2003 catalog that I checked in and the Titanium model was listed in with the other 700's and not the Custom Shop section. So, I would conclude that they were not put together in the Custom Shop.

http://www.remington.com/library/histor ... el_700.asp

Titanium Ultimate LW (2001 – Present)
TI Magnum (2004 - Present)

Den
350magman

Post by 350magman »

The current Titanium is not the same gun as the original, first issued in 2001, and listed as discontinued in 2006. It is a heavier gun altogether, so I am told. I just talked to a fellow who has two 1st models, and he has spoken to Remington on several occasions regarding them, and they told him that they were hand-assembled in the Custom Shop. The last retail price on them was over $1,400. The workmanship certainly indicates more than assembly-line production, in my opinion.
remington600

Post by remington600 »

You can get pretty much any remington 700 made in the custom shop. The titanium was not a custom shop exclusive gun. A titanium 700 30-06 would 99.9% be a standard run. The titanium is still made, but could be changed by year to year to a form that they would think may help sales or more economic for them to build. I'm not sure exactly when it started, but I'm pretty sure if it was a custom shop build it would be roll marked on the top of the barrel Custom Shop. A person could save a lot of money and get the same thing buying a 700 mountain rifle.
350magman

Post by 350magman »

You are wrong on both counts. I have ordered and owned two Custom Shop guns, and neither had any markings indicating such on the barrels! Second, to compare the 700 Titanium to a 700 Mountain rifle is like comparing a Corvette to a Chevy Impala. My Titanium 700 has a fit and finish far ahead of a production line gun, along with the best Bell & Carlson kevlar stock, and no Mountain Rifle can touch it at only 5 1/2 pds. weight. My friend, an M.D. by the way, said Remington told him they were assembled in the Custom Shop. As I was only looking for production numbers when I started this inquiry, I guess we can assume the figures are not available and end the discussion. I will contact Remington direct and see what I can find out.
remington600

Post by remington600 »

remington600

Post by remington600 »

The titanium lightweight came out in 2001, and is still made. The titanium magnum came out in 2004 and is still made. It is offered in a standard run in the 30-06. You can call the custom shop and they could probably make a 700 titanium in a caliber that is not a standard run or tweek it to personalize it to tickle your fancy. Call Remington they can give you the basic info. They will refer you back to us for more detailed info. We will see you back soon. They did take the time to add a differant stock to remove some weight along with removing metal from the bolt resulting in the spiral, and also hollowing the bolt handle. Thats how they justify the premium price. Back to the previous reply. The Titanium might have some tighter lines or some look pretty options, but it will be no more accurate then the mountain rifle. The selling point if the Titanium is ONLY the weight. I just happen to be a old fasion blued- woodstock kind of guy. The premium that you will pay for a matter of maybe a pound it isnt worth paying. Last I spoke to a Remington represenative most people felt the same way because they were not big sellers. Just to let you know I am not nocking the Titanium its a Remington and I know a great gun. All that matters is if the owner is happy. Enjoy the rifle.
ericisoutdoors

Post by ericisoutdoors »

I have a 30-06 long action in the original gun. 2002 purchase. It is a much better and lighter rifle than the current "Alaskan" model. My serial number is TT005957. And yes the fit and finish is as good as any rifle they produce in the custom shop. I as well would love to know how many of the original gun were produced.