Remington Lever Action Rifle

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Zig-Zag

Remington Lever Action Rifle

Post by Zig-Zag »

Gents, I was asked if Remington ever produced a tubular magazine lever action rifle in the mid-20th century. A fellow insists he has one marked “Remington Model 200”, but I believe he has a Marlin-produced “Revelation” rifle. He won’t produce a photo. Thoughts?

Wulfman

Re: Remington Lever Action Rifle

Post by Wulfman »

Zig-Zag wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:51 am Gents, I was asked if Remington ever produced a tubular magazine lever action rifle in the mid-20th century. A fellow insists he has one marked “Remington Model 200”, but I believe he has a Marlin-produced “Revelation” rifle. He won’t produce a photo. Thoughts?

Here's the only one I know of. The model Nylon 76 in .22 caliber.

Den

Zig-Zag

Post by Zig-Zag »

Thanks Den. I was aware of the nylon rifle, but he says it’s a .30-30 with “Remington” and “Western Auto” on the barrel. I’m pretty sure it actually says “Revelation” instead since that was a WA house brand, but I wanted to check with the experts here.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Zig-Zag wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:05 pm Thanks Den. I was aware of the nylon rifle, but he says it’s a .30-30 with “Remington” and “Western Auto” on the barrel. I’m pretty sure it actually says “Revelation” instead since that was a WA house brand, but I wanted to check with the experts here.
You are right, he's wrong.
600RemGuy

Post by 600RemGuy »

You are right, he's wrong.
^Luv. it!^

There was a prototype developed on the 760 platform but it never came to fruition.