Remington Model 25 .25-20

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
bpoehya1975

Remington Model 25 .25-20

Post by bpoehya1975 »

Hello guys!
My name is Mark and I am very new to your forum. This is my first post. Yesterday, in my gun store, a customer brought in what seems to be a very rare gun and from what I can tell, it seems to be early on in the production run. My gun seems to have about 97% of the original beautiful bluing on her! This is the model 25 in .25-20 with a 24" round bbl. The bore is perfect with tons of the rifling (almost as new) and the forend and stock have never been refinished. The letter code on the left side of the bbl near the receiver is "AR" and it appears to have a character after the 2 letters that looks like a diamond shape with tiny tails on the corners. On the Right side of the bbl near the receiver it has R.E.P. in an OVAL and just outside the oval the is a capital "W" and under that is a circle with a tail on it (looks like a lollipop shape). It has a LYMAN tang sight and a Cresent metal butt plate. Serial number has two AA's on top of it and the serial is 10302. Now the bad...someone in the past drilled a couple of tiny scope mount holes between the R and E in remington and the N and G. I put filler screws in and it looks pretty good, but it is still there. Wondering if anyone can give me an Idea of value. Remember, this is a 95-97% overall gun without the screw holes. I am also trying to date it. Thanks in advance for any help here guys. Regards, Mark
Tom H

Re: Remington Model 25 .25-20

Post by Tom H »

10302 was made in March, 1924. Around 32000 Model 25s were made from 12/22 thru 1937 with around 56 made that last year. With the condition you describe and the Lyman tang sight, I would put the value on the plus side of $700. Keep in mind that it is very hard to price something not actually seen. ..............tom
NRA Benefactor Member