Grandfather old Fieldmaster 121

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
older than you +1

Grandfather old Fieldmaster 121

Post by older than you +1 »

Many years ago, my Grandfather gifted me his Fieldmaster 121. The last 4 digits of the serial number are 9700 and I believe that the first number is a 6. The barrel code is AXX. Can anyone tell me the year of manufacture?

In his later years, he had a 4X Lyman All weather scope installed on it. It appears that the scope mounts were made by Weaver.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Grandfather old Fieldmaster 121

Post by admin »

March 1951 is AXX - this is the correct answer ;)

I believe there should be a 1 before that 6, 169700 would slip just into 1952 from the serial list but I wouldn't bet a dead cat on it being right.
older than you +1

Post by older than you +1 »

Thank you so very much for your quick reply. My Grandfather retired in the early 50s after spending 30 years in Mexico working for the Gulf Oil Company. He was an outdoorsman who loved fishing and hunting. His choice of rifles were the old semi-auto Remington's in 25 and 30 calibers. He gifted me this Fieldmaster but the other guns he gave to other friends of his. This old gun was used here in Texas until his death in the late 80s.

If I may get a little sentimental, he was very special to me and many others as he was a kind and generous man. I am sure that many of us on this site have inherited some of their favorite guns for people like my Grandfather.

Thanks again for you quick response and for all that you do to add value to this website.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Remington 121 is still the best 22 pump ever made!