Modle 14, 32. cal rem with thumb saftey

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
AdirondackFarmer

Modle 14, 32. cal rem with thumb saftey

Post by AdirondackFarmer »

Hello,

My wife's uncle recently passed away and I came into possession of his firearms. Among them was, you guessed it a model 14 chambered in Remington 32, this particular rifle has a thumb safety, and the "dummy" safety on the trigger guard. The rifle is in fair to good condition, it is currently at my gunsmith getting cleaned up, I will be able to post pictures later of its condition.

I understand that this may be an early, or rare gun and was looking for an approximate value. I understand that it is a difficult caliber to find for shooting, and that it may effect the value. My gunsmith/dealer offered me $500 in trade for it and I was wondering if that was a fair offer. I understand that I'm kinda posting in the dark here without uploading pictures, but any help, or advise would be appreciated. I was going try to trade it for a left handed bolt action rifle for my wife chambered in a caliber that is more readily available.

Happy shooting, and thanks for the feedback.
Tom H

Re: Modle 14, 32. cal rem with thumb saftey

Post by Tom H »

I would take the gun shop up on the offer for $500 in trade. It seems fair to me. The safety on your rifle makes it's production from late 1919-1921. Since ammo is no longer made for the gun, you could make your wife very happy with a left hand rifle in a caliber that would have ammo available over the counter, so I say go for it.
NRA Benefactor Member