Remington 141 in the box

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
Red 37

Remington 141 in the box

Post by Red 37 »

I recently purchased a 141 in 35rem. After finishing the transaction I was informed by the seller that he had the box for this rifle. I assumed that he was referring to a soft case but I was incorrect he had the original box that is serial numbered to the gun. How rare is this to find? I have owned many 141s over the years but never have come across one with the box. The original paperwork is also with the box except the hang tag.
nambujim

Re: Remington 141 in the box

Post by nambujim »

Pretty bloody rare, depending on the condition of the papers/box it could add $150 to the value of your rifle. Hope the rifle hasn't been drilled or altered, be nice to have an all original rifle with the original box. I have a few original boxes but it took about 40 years of collecting to come up with them.............one is actually in minty condition for a Model 14, amazing what you can find out there. Congrats, nice of the seller to pass it on.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson
Red 37

Re: Remington 141 in the box

Post by Red 37 »

Almost all original condition. The rear sight was replaced with a fold down marbles because there is a Lyman peep on the back. No extra holes thank God! The blueing is about 95% and the wood has some varnish loss on the butt but nothing major. It was a good gun show find.