Remington M700RS rynite stock question

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
mtnhiker

Remington M700RS rynite stock question

Post by mtnhiker »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows who made the rynite stocks for the model 700? Not to be confused with the Six Enterprise arylon stocks of the similar time frame M700AS. I've heard the rynite were buttler creek, others have said choate, I don't know if either of this is correct or if another maker made them for Remington, or if there possibly were several makers? If someone has affirmative info on this I'd appreicate it. I'm seeking one out, either take-off from a factory model 700RS (least likely), or maybe someone bought one aftermarket but no longer wants it. I understand Ruger sold an R77 with rynite stock around the same timeframe; Savage also sold a model 110 with rynite stock, and maybe a 112 varmint rynite as well from this period. These may be from different manufactures, as a lot of gun brands sold guns with rynite stocks, including Thompson Center contender buttstocks and forends.
thanks in advance for your help! BTW this is my first post here thanks!
mtnhiker

Re: Remington M700RS rynite stock question

Post by mtnhiker »

Any word from anybody who might know about these?
blue book says the factory rifles where only made one year (1987-1988). I'm not necessarily concerned with the factory stocks as they are rare and not likely to be found taken off a rifle so rare. Wouldn't be able to afford the whole rifle either again due to its rareness. I'm wanting to know who made the stocks so I can search out aftermarket stocks as possibly a little more common than the factory rifle stock. I'm specifically looking for a long action rynite stock.
mtnhiker

Post by mtnhiker »

Found out there Choate from an old sales thread. Now I just need to locate a long action version. I have a laminated stock to replace. Its a nice stock and I'll keep it as spare or use for something else, but its got lots of small delaminations on it, much more than the average laminated stock. I figure it once lived in a humid southern state. I later will fill and clamp with accra-glass, than refinish the whole thing with epoxy, thin coat insides and clean and bed the action area and keep bore solvents away. No chemicals allowed for cleaning unless I remove action from a future rifle with the stock. The current rifle, its just not worth it now to mess with, I'd rather get that old RS stock since I prefer that to the newer tupaware types. They are similar composition but the rynite is a bit stiffer. A lot heavier too, which I don't mind, just like the laminate.
Plumminfool

Post by Plumminfool »

Hello. I have a rynite long action stock.
TKDQ1971

Post by TKDQ1971 »

Hi there, do you still have that rynite stock? If so, is it available for sale?
Is it camo or black in colour? Thanks