Remington Model 14 production numbers...

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
neverguided

Remington Model 14 production numbers...

Post by neverguided »

Hi guys, is there a source (whether someone on here with personal insight, or perhaps a book) detailing production numbers over the years of the Model 14 in its various forms (carbine/rifle, thumbnail safety, etc.) and calibers? I'd like to get a better idea of rarity of the possible various combinations. Thanks!
nambujim

Re: Remington Model 14 production numbers...

Post by nambujim »

Normally I am rather blabby with my responses but the short/quick/truthful answer to your question is "NO". Ken Blauch put together a "work" on the Model 14/14-1/2, 141, & 25 (out of print) which included bits and pieces of production information. There are some "spotty" records of late carbine production but it only covers a few years. Tom Hemphill could elaborate on this somewhat but basically no one really knows but we can speculate but that isn't what you asked. My guess is that 14-1/2 Carbines are the most rare but then those aren't Model 14's but the serials ran concurrent. Probably a 14R TNS in .25 Caliber would be high if not first in the 14 series for rarity and ANY carbine with a saddle ring is really rare!!! I did see an SRC in 32 Cal at a gun show recently and the seller was asking $1500, these guns normally bring twice that but this one may have been used by both Pancho Villa along with some Mountain Man because it was in horrible condition, it didn't sell and I wouldn't have wanted it......rare yes but condition is what sells.

You will get other responses, maybe some with better information.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson
neverguided

Re: Remington Model 14 production numbers...

Post by neverguided »

Thanks for the information and clarification Jim!