760 Bicentennial

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
jdhaines32

760 Bicentennial

Post by jdhaines32 »

I recently purchased a 760 Bicentennial online. The gun is in great condition, however when I received it, I noticed that the safety button and the button to press to work the pump are gold. I have never seen another bicentennial version in person but from looking at other photos online, I haven't been able to find any that have gold on these parts. It seems like they were just painted with gold paint. So I wanted to see if anyone knows for sure if the gold paint is supposed to be there or not. Thanks
The Gamemaster

Re: 760 Bicentennial

Post by The Gamemaster »

I never seen the Gold Paint on those parts before, but I wouldn't remove it.

If I could find a BDL Deluxe - Bicentennial 760 - in .270 - I would buy it in a heart beat.

But I don't think that they made that model in anything except ADL and more than likely only in 30-06, since it was the most common caliber at that time.

Since my favorite models were made between 1974 - 80, you definitely have a keeper.
jdhaines32

Re: 760 Bicentennial

Post by jdhaines32 »

The Gamemaster wrote:I never seen the Gold Paint on those parts before, but I wouldn't remove it.

If I could find a BDL Deluxe - Bicentennial 760 - in .270 - I would buy it in a heart beat.

But I don't think that they made that model in anything except ADL and more than likely only in 30-06, since it was the most common caliber at that time.

Since my favorite models were made between 1974 - 80, you definitely have a keeper.
Yeah I could not find any pics online that showed a Bicentennial with gold on this parts either, so I was thinking of trying to remove it so it was the way it was supposed to be. I wasn't totally
sure though and I wasn't sure what would take the paint off but not harm the bluing.

I've been starting a small collection of 760s in .30-06. I am trying get one in each version that they made through the various years so when I saw this one I didn't pass it up.