Model 14 1/2 .44 rem.

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
cmax

Re: Model 14 1/2 .44 rem.

Post by cmax »

Dang I should have waited a little bit I found the spring and carrier dog and ordered them but I may send the whole works to you if I can't figure it out.Thanks for all your help
cmax

Post by cmax »

Hi,I had ordered the parts before I saw that you would do it, at any rate I did get the carrier dog and spring but I'll be darned if I can figure out how they are installed?I see where you have to take the pin out but cannot figure out how to install the spring on the carrier dog? So I guess I would like to know if its something you are willing to share? If not I completely understand and would need your address and do you accept a check.
nambujim

Post by nambujim »

When I sent the posting "Good Luck" I wasn't kidding, it is NOT an easy installation unless you have done it 150 times. Email me at nambujim@charlotte.twcbc.com and we can talk about it.

Jim Peterson
Charlotte, NC
Jim Peterson
cmax

Post by cmax »

Thanks will do,I have given up, and pulled what few hairs left,lol
adirondack

Post by adirondack »

Jim you seem to be the resident expert on model 14 rem. And boy could I use a friend like you! Bought a " pig in a poke" and i'm determined to bring this rifle back to life...there is so much good about it.