Remington Model 12 Can't get the cartridge stop in

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
IOwnDoubles

Remington Model 12 Can't get the cartridge stop in

Post by IOwnDoubles »

I have a model 12 serial number 387,xxx. Remington Special. It was a basket case when I got it. I had to buy a new hammer. It is missing the cartridge stop. I have two different styes. The round one and the flat one with the ridge. I am a pretty good amateur but for the life of me I can fit either cartridge stop in the carrier. Neither one fits. The slot is flat, but it doesn't has the slot for the ridge. The round one doesn't fit. Is there another one or am I missing something. Is it different because it is a special not a standard .22 s,L,Lr.

According to other web sites, since it is after 650,000 it should have used the flat sided one with the ridge.

Help. I can figure this out! I have the gun so close to coming back to life, but don't know what to do with this problem.

This is my first post and I welcome any help from forum members

Jerry
IOwnDoubles

Re: Remington Model 12 Can't get the cartridge stop in

Post by IOwnDoubles »

Come on somebody should be able to help. Is the .22 rem special different.

Please help
Jerry
Tom H

Post by Tom H »

Jerry:
I tried to help you the first day you posted by sending you a private message that you never answered. I have the part from a donor that is about 4000 different with the serial number. My part is from a 22 special.
NRA Benefactor Member
IOwnDoubles

Post by IOwnDoubles »

Tom I have tried topmost you check your messages hopefully this time it has gone through

In Lost Wages for the Beinfeld antique arms show
Jerry
danstonex

Post by danstonex »

IOwnDoubles, were you able to resolve your issue with the Model 12 cartridge stop? I have a similar rifle that is missing the stop and if you could describe the part I may be able to make one. Thanks