MAY BUY A VERY RARE REM 7MM-06 ONLINE, WHATS THE VALUE?

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Rifles
John Gyde

Re: MAY BUY A VERY RARE REM 7MM-06 ONLINE, WHATS THE VALUE?

Post by John Gyde »

[quote="700DUDE"]nope... I missd it. We had a family thing going on when it closed. I did call the guy to tell him if the winning bidder didnt want it I'd take it for the same price. He told me that arrangments had already been made, and that Remington Arms Co. was the actual buyer. So it appears I really missed out on a steal. :cry:[/quote]
Remington bought it??? That doesn't make much sense....
remington600

Post by remington600 »

Yeah John, that has me puzzled as well especially since they already have one in the plant. The gun really has no stand out history to be museum material. If they really wanted one of these to display I would have just let them barrow mine. It seems odd that they would spend money for this.

Billy Smith
Wulfman

Post by Wulfman »

What came to my mind is that they may be trying to remove them for "liability" reasons. If it's been tinkered with that much and the trigger has been altered, it may be worth it to get it off the market (think of the recent show "Remington Under Fire" on CNBC). In reality, a 7mm-06 and a .280 Rem. don't have the same cartridge dimensions. So, that's potentially another reason.

Den
remington600

Post by remington600 »

The Remington 7mm-06 is the same as the 280 Remington. There is a wildcat round that was also named the 7mm-06 that had slightly different dimensions. That was the reason they pulled the name was the liability of someone loading the wildcat in the Remington rifle. Remington would never be able to keep up with purchasing every altered hazardous rifle.

Billy Smith
John Gyde

Post by John Gyde »

I wonder if the "Remington Bought it" could be a ploy to jack up the price on the other three the seller has???
600RemGuy

Post by 600RemGuy »

Where are all these 7mm-06s that are to be coming up for sale?
Scorpion8

Post by Scorpion8 »

Well, who knows if "Remington" is the actual company, or some guy on GB using that as part of his moniker. I've had that happen on various audio forums that people misrepresent themselves, or on eBay ALL the time.
NRA Life; NAHC Life; Retired USN
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, ......glory .......lasts forever!