This SHOULD BE a Light Baby RIMFIRE Carbine!!http://www.remingtonsociety.org/forums/posting.php?mode=post&f=4#

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Rifles
wsmrto

This SHOULD BE a Light Baby RIMFIRE Carbine!!http://www.remingtonsociety.org/forums/posting.php?mode=post&f=4#

Post by wsmrto »

DSC_0498.JPG
DSC_0498.JPG (116.64 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
DSC_0499.JPG
DSC_0499.JPG (135.63 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
DSC_0496.JPG
DSC_0496.JPG (185.23 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
Image[/img]ImageI have been trying to redirect my collecting toward Single Shot BPCR's the last 2 or 3 years. Really been into the Rolling Blocks and have a good start of 20 or so. Several really hard to find and others just the 79 Argies, Egypts and NYS Militia 50/70s . I have always been into the short rifles and carbines no matter what era. I researched this pretty hard and will send pics in the next day or so. These are the specs. Receiver is type 1 1/2 and 1.315 + or - across the flats just in front of the forward pin. Barrel is approx. 19 5/8. The Chamber dia for the ctg rim is .543 +or - and with the actual chamber of .448 The barrel has flats at 3 and 9 and is 1.08 across these flats. The breechblock and the hammer have the checkered shield on the finger tabs. Wood is fantastic and must be an old long ago replacement but with the excellent condition of the remainder of this carbine it could be original. The barrel has no marks under the handguard and appears original starting to go brown except a small area under the band which is marked with the "U". I have several of George Lawtons books and I think this may be a correct Light Baby Carbine in 46 Rimfire (I have a good selection of hundreds of old cartridges), which slides right in the chamber and the BBlock closes perfectly on and the rim fit perfect. In all that the ejector catches perfectly and pulls it out.The butstock has a very deep cresent and a perfect sized butplate. An exact duplicate of this carbine's butstock is shown at Roy Marcot's book :: I need help with this one please as it could be a MAJOR find for my collection!! Thanks.