Remington 51 380 PA 1666 and no receiver plug showing

Topics related to Post - 1898 Remington Pistols
Steven Swope

Remington 51 380 PA 1666 and no receiver plug showing

Post by Steven Swope »

Hi All :

While surfing the various gun boards , I ran across a fellow Remington collector whom has this pistol for trade, outright sale, he isn't interested.

Here is his post from Jan this year....

Tried to offer him a fair price based on the condition, still no SALE...

Price : $0.00
Ad Start : January 25, 2016
Ad Views : 264

Up for trade is my antique Remington model 51 pistol. It is a very early production (type 1) .380 acp model. Serial # 16xx. The pistol has almost no bluing left but has a very nice bore and internals are still blued and in very good shape. Seems like it just sat outside or something. Functioned just fine when I put 40 rds through it last week. No rust at all. I'm not really looking to sell, just trade. But you are welcome to send a cash offer.

I'm interested in trading for other vintage, antique or hard to find firearms. Also interested in vintage ammo (especially .25,.30,.32 or. 35 rem). Pictures won't upload so I will send them upon request.

Please text or email me
Thank you

It does have a cracked right grip, fair looking repair, and the grip safety / mainspring pin at the bottom of the right side grip looks like someome tried to remove it with a pair of pliers or vice grip and buggered it up pretty good, small issue to replace it.

So, if anyone has something he may want... send me those items and I'll forward them to him and you two can work a deal, maybe.... maybe exchange the contact info back and forth

APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN SOLD