Poor Remington service

jkingrph

Poor Remington service

Post by jkingrph »

Back in the summer I ordered 20 boxes of 50 .223 Remington ammo from Cabelas that was supposed to have a mfr rebate. I got a notice from Cabelas that it was back ordered and could not be delivered prior to the end of rebate, but that Remington agreed to honor the rebate for orders prior to the required postmark date for the rebate.

I had heard nothing, so inquired and got an email from Rem. stating that they would not honor because I had missed the cutoff postmark date. I then sent a copy of Cabelas email stating that Rem had agreed to honor for the backordered items and got another email from Rem again denying the rebate.

I will not be purchasing anything from Remington in the future.
Dick Hosmer

Re: Poor Remington service

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Have you tried to get Cabelas to honor the deal, or at least intervene on your behalf? Perhaps they overstated their ability to make Remington comply? If so, they should make it good, or offer to split the difference, or perhaps something else.

For my part I will have nothing to do with Cabelas - my experiences have been uniformly bad.
jkingrph

Post by jkingrph »

I sent an email to Cabelas with copies of all email from Remington. I have not heard anything back.
jkingrph

Post by jkingrph »

Yesterday I got a telephone call from cabelas where the youn lady stated that they had prior to the cut off date, submitted to Remington a list of customers who had ordered the ammo, for whom the rebate should be honored and that Remington was supposed to honor the rebate. She said they would be contacting Remington.

All I can do is hope for the best as I am between the proverbial rock and a hard place!