Freedom of Speech v/s Censorship

AREMINGTONSEDGE

Freedom of Speech v/s Censorship

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

** This post was edited by the author**

Let me speak with some civility.

I "do" like and very much enjoy the Remington journals however, I am "not" a collector of guns or rifles but a "heavy" collector of Remington cutlery and other Remington items. I love and admire Remington's guns and rifles. Never the less, I have invested deeply in time and monies to the passion of their cutlery over the years as well as topic research and have read and or studied a vast array of cutlery materials available in that venue. I share my knowledge in other on-line forums and personally in a variety of club meetings and gatherings. It is by my family and other's urging to write on my love and passion of Remington's fixed blade and folding knives. I am a perfectionist to a fault and I cannot be satiated in my own mind as to how I deliver that information and passion to the reading public.

My online and personal e-mails regarding research queries were directed to those that had reportedly special privilege of access to historical Remington cutlery documents. These request were in hopes that I could learn "more" about the production years of Remington's cutlery division from circa. 1919 thru 1940 and thus pass that information on to fellow enthusiast with expectations to answer and expand other's knowledge and interest.

I have never emailed or stated that I was after Mr. Rich Shepler's personal information or his personal research materials.

Honestly, my initial intent on this forum was to solicit some kind of feedback from someone, anyone who would address my concerns and issues and return correspondence. In conjunction, my followed stated opinions,( positive or negative ) were in response and reflected the "many" negative and deflective attacks in personal and public followed up emails that I had received from select individuals in our leadership, all of which I have filed away
for future reference.

In conclusion, it is a sad day for me to receive a response such as yours Roy. I truly expected so much more from someone whom I have a great deal of respect and consideration. I have thoroughly enjoyed your editorials, your shared knowledge and insight.
I have never "publicly"" made a "personal" attack on someone's character or integrity, but certainly in these public responses my personal statements and or opinions have been misinterpreted as well, my character and integrity beguiled. For that I am sorry.
Last edited by AREMINGTONSEDGE on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Re: Freedom of Speech v/s Censorship

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

As a reply to my own post I wish to extend my apologies to club leadership and members for my previous comments. All has been reconciled and my apologies given to Mr. Marcot. Just to forward information, I have now received all journals for 2014 and I have renewed my 2015 membership and recommend others to do the same.
Again, my heart felt apologies to all concerned. Happy 2015 and as Roy mentioned," Remington- Sharing the History".
Sincerely and gratefully yours, LBW, aremingtonsedge