model 12 remington

ddgrego

model 12 remington

Post by ddgrego »

this rifle has no name on barrell,only rw and i assume serial number 32750 and its on receiver in the front..any help or info would be awesome.its a pump .22 cal in very good shape.looking for apx yea of gun.the model 12 i am guessing at as thats what it looks like the most. Thanks
gasmanjohn

Re: model 12 remington

Post by gasmanjohn »

As I did, you can find out a lot of information on these rifles by just doing searches on the Internet and reading what has been written. I too have one with no model number stamped on it, but find it's a 12a by description. Serial # information for the early ones like we have seems kinda sketchy. Mine is 128780 and seeing what others have indicated for theirs I am guessing at around 1911. Yours is older with only 5 digits, and I noted someone saying they had #14436 and said it was from the first year of production 1909. The rifle I have belonged to my father-in-law and he must have purchased it used. My brother-in-law had replaced the firing pin with a poor replacement that simply flattened out with use. I ordered an exact copy of the original from Wisner's and it fit perfectly. It now works correctly again. You can also give Remington a call and ask them for your year of manufacture, as others have said. It just appears from what people have written that records were lost for these older models. Hope this is of some help...
Last edited by gasmanjohn on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: model 12 remington

Post by admin »

ddgrego wrote:this rifle has no name on barrell,only rw and i assume serial number 32750 and its on receiver in the front..any help or info would be awesome.its a pump .22 cal in very good shape.looking for apx yea of gun.the model 12 i am guessing at as thats what it looks like the most. Thanks
A pump with no model is a Model 12-(something) that RW is Remington Works, that serial is second year production 1910.
-Something depends on barrel shape and cartridge designation.