Schematic. for Remington 1858 Revolver

Topics related to Pre - 1898 Remington Pistols
zach

Schematic. for Remington 1858 Revolver

Post by zach »

I have found that every parts supplier uses a different part number than the others. Does anyone know of a source for a Remington schematic and corresponding parts numbers? I would like to use correct original parts numbers as assigned by Remington. Thanks much.
aardq

Re: Schematic. for Remington 1858 Revolver

Post by aardq »

It is very doubtful that Rem used numbered schematics instead of just using the part name. The numbering came along by parts suppliers to make ordering parts easier. As long as you have the correct part name, you should be fine.
Dan
zach

Post by zach »

Many thanks aardq. About the best example that I found was at: regtqm.com. Even on the site, you have to work to find it under: How to maintain your 1858 Remington Revolver, and so on. Since there are such few parts, it is not confusing. I am also looking for an original plunger for my 1858 Remington Revolver. Please let me know if you know of a source. Thanks
aardq

Post by aardq »

Hi Zach,

By plunger do you mean the loading lever? If so I don't know of any place that would have them as an in stock item. You might try Jim Shafer; PO Box 381; Irwin, PA 15642; 412 - 672 - 6830 11am - 7pm. He does have parts, but you never know what he will have. If you attend the Balto Gun Show in mid-March he will be there with lots of misc parts.
Good luck,
Dan